- Building Mechanical Systems
- Building Electrical Systems
- Building Plumbing Systems
- Building Energy Management System
- Building Security/Access system
- Vendor Contracts
- Manufacturer’s Warranties
- Operational Policies and Procedures
- Preventive Maintenance Programs
- Tenant Relations Program
- Guaranteed Service Response Times
- Specific Operating Standards for each property in the Portfolio
- Periodic Tenant Social Functions
- Constant Communication with our Tenants
- Annual Operating Budget
- Facility Operating Plan
- One and Five Year Capital Plans
- Preventive Maintenance Plan
- Tenant Procedures Manual
- Emergency Procedures Plan
- Janitorial Services
- Landscaping and Tree Maintenance
- Elevator Systems
- Security Services
- Emergency Generator
- Trash and Recycling
- HVAC Maintenance
- Pest Management
- Garage and Grounds Sweeping
- Window Cleaning
- Chill-water Treatment
- Life Safety Systems
- Lease Files (including all tenant-related documentation)
- Vendor Contract Files (including proof of insurance)
- Tenant Work Order System
- Accounts Payables/Invoices
- Hazardous Material MSDS Documentation
- CAD Drawings for Existing Tenant Space
- Diagrams and CAD Drawings for the Building’s MEP Systems
- Contractor’s and Manufacturer’s Warranties
- Utilize Angus Anywhere Work Order System
- Respond Professionally and Timely to Tenant Requests/Problems
- Implement the Preventive Maintenance Program
- Maintain the Building’s MEP systems
- Supervise Contractors/Vendors
- Provide 24/7 After-Hours Emergency Support
- Inspect Building and Grounds daily and Report any Deficiencies
- Maintain Energy Management System.
- Develop detailed bid specifications
- Work with architects and engineers to develop construction drawings
- Solicit competitive bids from qualified contractors
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations for selection
- Value engineering & cost control
- Monitor contractor’s work for compliance
- Coordinate with the City on permitting issues
- Ensure all punch list items are completed
- Secure Certificate of Occupancy
- Maintain all as-built construction documents on AutoCad
- Experience in every discipline
- Principal-level Involvement on Every Assignment
- Focus & Creativity in Deal Making
- Institutional Systems & Procedures
- Insightful Market Knowledge
- Accurate & Timely Financial Reporting
- Staff of 45 professionals
- Mexico Border Markets
- Minimum: $2 million
- Maximum: $40 million
- 60 day feasibility
- 30 day closing
- None; all cash closings
- Brokerage houses
- Existing tenants
- Potential tenants
- Local and regional chambers of commerce and economic development agencies
- Utilizing our proprietary database of potential prospects to quickly and effectively find and match the right tenants to the right spaces
- Pre-qualifying tenants
- Performing due diligence on the lease
- Negotiating the lease
- Creating detailed, effective, in-depth marketing plans
- Developing compelling property brochures and marketing materials
- Leveraging technology to target market properties via the Internet, broadcast e-mail and more
- Implementing detailed tenant retention strategies for leased properties
- Gaining a detailed understanding of the client’s business and needs
- Using proven negotiation tactics
- Commanding the full attention of brokers to ensure a more effective deal flow
- Providing thorough analysis of costs and financial comparisons
- Giving an objective evaluation of the alternatives, resulting in wiser decisions
- Ensuring confidentiality
- Smoothing the negotiation process, which enables tenants and landlords to move forward with a better relationship
- Home Depot
- Business Interiors
- Haber Fabrics
- Hobi International
- Pride Mobility
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber
- Federal Express
- U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Watters & Watters
- Southwestern Bindery
- Carolina Logistics Services
- Federal Express
- Home Depot
- South & Western
- Primedia Workplace Learning
- Hutton Communications
- Business Interiors
- Locating land
- Performing due diligence on the building site and market
- Negotiating land purchase
- Conducting feasibility studies and appraisals
- Acquiring underwriting
- General contractors
- Providing reports on any PC-based real estate software system required by the owner
- Meeting your deadlines
- Providing the experience of an on-staff CPA
- Ensuring that all personnel who directly handle money are bonded
Creating Real Value
Property owners and users need results – high returns, on-time financial reporting and excellent customer service. But creating these results can be time-consuming, costly and frustrating.
That’s why property owners and users choose TIG. Strong negotiation skills and in-depth market knowledge make TIG the service provider clients rely on for results:
TIG’s operating platform offers the best elements of a boutique firm with the breadth and depth of services found among the national service providers. Our institutional systems and procedures are the most advanced in the industry and our staff is of the highest caliber. Listed below is a summary of TIG’s operating guidelines for commercial properties.
Initial Review and Recommendations - Within 30 days of our involvement, TIG’s operations team will assess the condition of the property and make recommendations on the following:
The methodologies utilized for assessing these items include a competitive bid approach, a comparison to industry standards or an experience-based assessment. In the case of competitive bids, we generate standard specifications for bidding to assure a valid comparison among bids.
Tenant Relations Programs - TIG is very selective about the people we hire. Over the years, we have developed a culture of providing high levels of customer service to our customers which are our tenants. Our goal is to develop such a sense of loyalty and satisfaction with our tenants that they will never think about leaving one of our properties.
Budgeting and Capital Planning - Based on the initial assessment of the building systems, vendor contracts and capital requirements, the operations team will develop the following:
For each plan, we use zero-based or historical budgeting techniques utilizing TIG’s standard templates and methodologies. The annual operating budget is used to track variances in the financial reporting process while the facility operating plan and preventive maintenance plan are used on a day-to-day basis by the on-site team. The capital plans are more strategic in nature and provide a long range view of the capital requirements of the building. Tenant manuals provide detailed information on building rules and regulations, policies and procedures and life safety information.
Vendor Contract Administration - Immediately upon the change of management, the property manager will inform all vendors providing services to the building. After assessment of the existing contracts, the property manager will, if necessary, solicit bids from 3 qualified vendors for some or all of the following services:
The methodologies and procedures utilized in the solicitation and administration of the building’s service contracts include the following criteria: a) A minimum of three bids will be obtained for each service, b) Standardized TIG contract forms will be utilized, c) All service providers will carry a minimum of $1,000,000 per occurrence liability insurance, d) All service contracts will be with TIG (and not the owner) and e) All service providers will be paid by TIG and supervised by the property manager and/or the chief engineer.
Records Administration - Proper documentation and organizational systems are essential to a well run operation. Records administration includes a wide array of documentation and record keeping functions performed by the property manager, the chief engineer and the leasing agent. The following reflects the filing systems to be maintained by the operations team.
The key methodology in maintaining a well organized record keeping system is consistency and standardization. TIG has developed a detailed series of standardized systems and procedures for office filing systems which assures information will be well organized, complete and accurate.
Engineering Services - Proper care and maintenance of the building’s systems is one of the primary functions of TIG in its role as property manager. The following duties will be the responsibility of the chief engineer with support and supervision by the property manager.
Engineering services necessitate a very hands-on approach. The methodologies utilized to ensure an efficient operation of the building include a very detailed set of policies and procedures, a close working relationship with the vendors and contractors and a dedicated, service oriented on-site team.
Construction Management - TIG has an in-house construction management capabilities for nearly all sizes and types of construction projects. Oversight and supervision of simple construction projects is the responsibility of our property managers. For highly technical projects, one of our construction managers will be actively involved. The following items delineate TIG’s duties in managing construction projects:
The goal in managing any construction project is to complete it on time and within budget. Our methodology for achieving this objective is twofold: (a) Assemble a team of high caliber architects, engineers and contractors who are reliable and trustworthy and (b) Work very closely with the team to overcome unforeseen obstacles before they adversely effect the delivery date or cost of the project.
TIG Acquisition Partners is seeking to acquire one-off suburban office and industrial buildings with some value-add component which will then be stabilized and assembled into appropriate portfolios for an institutional exit.
Target markets will include Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Tulsa and Oklahoma City—TIG’s core competency markets. A similar but separate strategy will be implemented for Mexico and the Texas/Mexico border markets.
Targeted acquisitions include assets in durable locations but with significant leasing risk, capital starved properties, short-term debt maturities, redevelopment opportunities or phase II development opportunities.
Execution of the value-add strategy will be implemented using TIG’s experience and expertise in operating office and industrial properties including the following competitive strengths.
Who do you know?
The answer to that question has a direct effect on the quality of relationships between landlords and tenants. And the quality of those relationships directly impacts how well a property performs financially.
That’s why TIG establishes and nurtures relationships with:
Utility companies and service providers
TIG’s primary responsibility is to create optimal financial results for building owners. To do that, we handle the entire leasing process, from beginning to end:
The TIG leasing team works closely with the other functional groups to ensure clear communication with the owner, prompt response to tenant needs and recommendations based on facts.
Our leasing team averages more than 175 lease transactions a year. So we understand our markets, tenant needs and effective negotiation tactics. Plus, our market know-how makes TIG the leasing company that tenant brokers prefer.
To create results, we must increase the value of the portfolios we manage. When it comes to leasing, that means taking an aggressive approach, including:
Anyone can find space. But TIG finds the right space to fit each client’s size, functional needs and budget. Through its corporate and brokerage services division, TIG leverages relationships in the real estate community and cutting-edge technologies to provide the best overall real estate solutions for clients. TIG represents tenants throughout the lease negotiation process and creates the best deals by:
Partial list of satisfied customers:
Usable space. The latest features. They’re what every tenant wants, but few actually receive.
But you can rely on TIG for creative solutions that meet tenants’ needs while protecting the long-term value of the real estate investment.
Why? Since 1995, we have developed more than 3.0 million square feet of industrial, flex and office space, including both build-to-suit and speculative projects. Past build-to-suit clients include:
We provide end-to-end service, including:
Plus, TIG provides clients with a powerful link to the best professional services firms in the market, including:
When it comes to real estate, the numbers matter. Building owners and asset managers need up-to-date, pertinent information about each real estate asset, enabling them to make timely, solid decisions.
That’s why owners rely on TIG, which creates real value through accurate, on-time financial reporting. We save our clients time, money and frustration while meeting every deadline, period.
What’s more, our accountants are not simply bean-counters. Each staff member learns the in-depth details and helps manage the properties they are responsible for, from helping with preparation of budgets to regularly visiting the facility.
Plus, our team is designed to create real results for you: